October 15, 2019
Agenda Regular Meeting
Board of Commissioners
October 15, 2019
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE BLANCO COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT NO. 2 WILL MEET IN REGULAR SESSION ON OCTOBER 15, 2019 AT 6:00 P.M. AT BLANCO COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES NO. 2 (BCESD2) STATION TRAINING ROOM, 431 BLANCO AVE., BLANCO, TEXAS.
- Establish a quorum, call to order, announcements.
- Public Comment (no action may be taken on these items unless on agenda. Please limit comments to 2 minutes per person.)
- Consent Agenda:
a. Approval of the September 17, 2019 minutes.
- Fire & EMS Auxiliary Requests: Take Action as Necessary
a. Burger Booo Update
b. Accept Auxiliary Quarterly Report
c. New Auxiliary Board Member Appointment
d. Acceptance of Auxiliary Donation Check to ESD
e. Discussion/Action regarding Pending Donation(s)
- ESD Commissioners Reports/ Recommendations – Discuss and take action as necessary.
a. Monthly Actions for October:
i. Policies & Procedures (Attorney Hall), SOGs, Medical Protocols – (Chiefs)
ii. Staffing Plans (Chiefs)
iii. Purchasing Policy (updated Ann Hall)
iv. Insurance (coverages and payment due dates) (Chief Oakley)
v. Debt accrued by the ESD must be reported online at the Comptrollers website within 180 days of end of Fiscal Year, Sept. 30 (that is March 30) each year (and/or on the ESD Webpage if one exists). (Texas Local Govt. Code 140.008. https://comptroller.texas.gov/transparency/local/hb1378/ (Lynne McKirdy)
vi. ESD provides County Clerk with proof of Bond coverage for $25,000 per county judge for check signers 775.037(b) (Treasurers)
vii. 501c3 Auxiliary Provides current copy of by-laws and Calendar for the year to ESD if changes proposed. (Caroline Richardson)
- Initiate Performance Management for Fire Chief & EMS Chief (Mike Rieken / Lynne McKirdy)
- Strategic Plan 2020-2024 (Ann Hall)
- Records Retention Officer – Recommend change from Secretary to Admin. Chief (Ann Hall)
a. Approval of Resolution 2019-10-15: “Records Retention”
- Station Update:
a. Update on any items needing discussion / action including generator update (Mike Rieken)
- Financial Report: (Chief Oakley)
a. Questions about Bills
b. Update on FY2019 Closeout / Final Financial Reports
c. FY2019 Audit Status
d. Account Status
i. Texas Regional: $851,018.33
ii. CD 714430 $128,651.10
iii. Lone Star Bank Debt Fund $240,257.56
- Operations Reports, Chiefs – discuss / take actions as necessary: Chiefs provide a written report each month that is available to the public.
a. Update on Annual Inventory of equipment with original cost of more than $100 (Chiefs)
b. Hiring Process Update (Chief Oakley)
- Executive Session: Pursuant to Texas Government Code Sections 551.074 Personnel Matters and / or 551.071 Consultation with Attorney.
- Return to Open Session: Consider action on matters discussed in Executive Session
- Set Time for Regular Meeting on Tuesday, November 18th, 2019.
- Adjourn: Next regular meeting will be Tuesday, November 18, 2019.
The District reserves the right to consider and take action on the above agenda items in any order. It also reserves the right to enter into a closed meeting on any agenda item as allowed by law. If at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by the Texas Open Meetings Act, the notice provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act do not apply to a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for the next meeting.