January 21, 2020
Agenda Regular Session
Board of Commissioners
January 21, 2020
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE BLANCO COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT NO. 2 WILL MEET IN REGULAR SESSION ON January 21, 2020 AT 3:00 P.M. AT 431 BLANCO AVE, BCESD2 STATION TRAINING ROOM, BLANCO, TEXAS.
- Call to Order – Establish a quorum
- Public Comment – No action may be taken on these items unless on agenda. Please limit comments to 2 minutes per person.
- Fire & EMS Auxiliary (Caroline)
- Questions / Comments take action as needed.
- Consider other requests / actions submitted to the ESD
- Officer Elections – Election of ESD Officers for 2020: Pres., VP, Sec., Treas., & Asst. Treas.
- Board Evaluation
- Consent Agenda – items will be approved with a single vote. Items can be removed from the Consent Agenda for discussion.
- Approval of the Dec. 17, 2019 Regular Meeting Minutes
- Financial Report as of 12/31/2019
- Monthly Bills Report
- Monthly Financials
- Texas Regional $915,746.50
- CD #714430 $128,651.10
- Lone Star Bank Debt Fund $232,492.44
- Transfer Funds if necessary
- Approval of Resolution authorizing the update of bank signature cards
- Finance Action Items – Discussion & action as needed on the following topics:
- CD Reinvestment Recommendation (Lynne)
- Approve Line Item Transfer of $3,255 from 8010 PPE Extractor/Dryer to 8007 Extrication Tools Replacement for the Capital Purchase of New Extrication Tools
- Strategic Planning Workshop (Hall) – Recommend two commissioners (Lynne & Ann) work with Chiefs to draft. Send drafts out and have workshop in early March to revise as needed. Must be completed by end of March.
- Performance Management Review – Self-Evaluation in Jan. Meet with 2 commissioners in Feb., Executive Session with Commissioners in March (Monthly Actions).
- Out of District Billing – Approve billing FBISD residents & RR 1888 Kendall County residents for EMS calls beginning Feb. 1, 2020.
- BVAC Update – Termination date for Blanco Volunteer Ambulance Corp.
- Building Update – Take actions if needed:
- Update regarding Station Sign Lighting
- Update on Station Construction Project Closeout
- Update on Current Building Issues
- Chiefs’ Report – Take actions if needed:
- Operations Reports Fire & EMS
- 2018 Form 990 for BVFD and BVAC
- FEMA SAFER Grant – Financial Report, recommendation and board action from last month.
- Executive Session – To discuss personnel matters on this agenda as authorized by Texas Government Code as needed.
- Executive Session Action Items – Discuss and consider action on matters discussed in Executive Session
- Adjourn – Next regular meeting will be Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020 at 3:00 PM
The District reserves the right to consider and take action on the above agenda items in any order. It also reserves the right to enter into a closed meeting on any agenda item as allowed by law. If at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by the Texas Open Meetings Act, the notice provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act do not apply to a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for the next meeting.