June 16, 2020
Agenda Regular Session
Board of Commissioners
June 16, 2020
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE BLANCO COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT NO. 2 WILL MEET IN REGULAR SESSION ON Tuesday, June 16, 2020 AT 3:00 P.M. THROUGH AUDIO CONFERENCING. TO JOIN THE ZOOM MEETING ONLINE, CLICK: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83798259825 AT WHICH TIME THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS SHALL BE DISCUSSED AND ACTION CONSIDERED AND/OR TAKEN.
- Call to Order / Announcements – Establish a quorum.
- Public Comment – No action may be taken on these items unless on agenda. Please limit comments to 2 minutes per person.
- Consent Agenda – Items will be approved with a single vote. Items can be removed from the Consent Agenda for discussion.
- Approval of the May 19, 2020 regular Meeting Minutes
- Financial Report as of 5/31/2020
- Monthly Financials:
- Texas Regional $1,552,622.47
- CD #714430 $128,651.10
- Lone Star $237,322.85
- Monthly Financials:
- Review & Approve Citizen Advisor Application
- Fire & EMS Auxiliary – Caroline
- Consider requests / actions submitted to ESD
- Chiefs’ Report
- COVID-19 Update – Chief Oakley
- Operations Reports Fire & EMS
- Annual Inventory Status Report
- Finance Matters
- Annual Investment Policy Report – Treasurers
- FY2021 Budget Update
- Preliminary FY2021 Budget Presentation / Discussion and Action as needed
- Review & Approve FY2021 Position & Compensation Schedule
- Review Vehicle Insurance Policy & Discuss Follow up Action as needed
- CAD System Project Update
- Consider adoption of Resolution# 2020-06-16.1 to allow BCESD2 to request approval for participation in the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts Cooperative Purchasing Program (TXSmartBuy)
- Consider adoption of Resolution# 2020-06-16.2 to certify that BCESD2 is in compliance with the security awareness training requirements of Section 2054.5191 of the Texas Government Code
- Station Update – Mike
- Project Closeout
- Discussion and action as needed regarding payment of the final retainage
- Update on Final Amortization Schedule
- Policy Development / Updates
- Discussion and possible action regarding the Monthly Actions document
- Review Draft of ‘District Property Accounting System’ policy and consider changes
- Executive Session – Discuss personnel matters on this agenda as authorized by Texas Government Code.
- Return to Open Session: Discuss and consider action on matters discussed in Executive Session
- Adjourn: Next regular meeting will be Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 3:00 PM. The decision about how the meeting will be held will depend on the State and County Orders and recommendations from Chief Oakley.
The District reserves the right to consider and take action on the above agenda items in any order. It also reserves the right to enter into a closed meeting on any agenda item as allowed by law. If at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by the Texas Open Meetings Act, the notice provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act do not apply to a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for the next meeting.
CERTIFICATE OF POSTING 72 HOUR NOTICE
The above Notice of Meeting was posted at 8:00 AM on this 13th day of June, 2020 at a place convenient to the public at the Blanco County ESD 2 Station, 431 Blanco Ave., Blanco, Texas and on the Blanco County ESD 2 website at www.bcesd2.com.
WITNESS MY HAND AND SEAL of office on the above date.
By: /s/ Ben Oakley