August 11, 2020
Agenda Special Session
Board of Commissioners
August 11, 2020
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE BLANCO COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT NO. 2 WILL MEET IN SPECIAL SESSION ON Tuesday, August 11, 2020 AT 12:00 P.M. (NOON) THROUGH AUDIO CONFERENCING AT WHICH TIME THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS SHALL BE DISCUSSED AND ACTION CONSIDERED AND/OR TAKEN.
Meeting Access Instructions
To join the meeting electronically, go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84637393301 or you may join by telephone only by dialing (346) 248-7799 and entering Meeting ID# 846 3739 3301.
- Call to Order / Announcements: Establish a quorum.
- Public Comment: No action may be taken on any item unless on agenda. Please limit comments to 2 minutes per person.
- Proposed Tax Rate for FY 2020-2021: Discuss and consider approval of a tax rate of $0.10/$100 valuation and 3.5% vs. 8% Voter approval rate.
- Set Public Hearing for Tax Rate: Notice of public hearing on setting the proposed tax rate will run in the Blanco County News Wednesday, August 12, 2020 (at least 7 days prior to public hearing). Public hearing and regular meeting will be moved to August 25th at 3:00 PM.
- Refinance of Station: Consider and approve A RESOLUTION REGARDING A PROMISSORY NOTE AND SECURITY AGREEMENT FOR THE PURPOSE OF REFINANCING A FIRE STATION, and other related matters.
- Vehicle Insurance: Review quotes from Insurance Carrier and take action as needed.
- Workers Compensation: Review Workers Compensation Renewal Quote and take action as needed.
- Satellite Station: Consider offer by Matt Herden to begin exploring possible sites in south Blanco County.
- Adjourn: Next meeting will be Tuesday, August 25, 2020 at 3:00 PM. (Zoom meeting online).
The District reserves the right to consider and take action on the above agenda items in any order. It also reserves the right to enter into a closed meeting on any agenda item as allowed by law. If at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by the Texas Open Meetings Act, the notice provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act do not apply to a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for the next meeting.
CERTIFICATE OF POSTING 72 HOUR NOTICE
The above Notice of Meeting was posted at 9:45 PM on this 7th day of August, 2020 at a place convenient to the public at the Blanco County ESD 2 Station, 431 Blanco Ave., Blanco, Texas and on the Blanco County ESD 2 website at www.bcesd2.com.
WITNESS MY HAND AND SEAL of office on the above date.
By /s/ Ben Oakley