October 20, 2020
Agenda Regular Session
Board of Commissioners
October 20, 2020
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE BLANCO COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT NO. 2 WILL MEET IN REGULAR SESSION ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 20TH, 2020, AT 3:00 P.M. THROUGH VIDEO/AUDIO CONFERENCING ONLY AT WHICH TIME THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS SHALL BE DISCUSSED AND ACTION CONSIDERED AND/OR TAKEN.
Meeting Access Instructions
To join the meeting electronically, go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89100980280 or you may join by telephone only by dialing (346) 248-7799 and entering Meeting ID# 891 0098 0280.
- Call to Order / Announcements – Establish a quorum. Express sincerest sympathy to the family of Dr. Craig Manifold and to the Blanco County ESD 1 & 2 personnel.
- Public Comment – No action may be taken on these items unless on agenda. Please limit comments to 2 minutes per person.
- Consent Agenda – Items will be approved with a single vote. Items can be removed from the Consent Agenda for discussion.
- Approval of the September 15, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- Financial Report as of 9/30/2020
- Monthly Financials:
- Texas Regional: $1,486,110.12
- CD #714430: $131,155.19
- Lone Star Money Market: $221,652.64
- Monthly Financials:
- Fire & EMS Auxiliary
- Welcome to Janet Curruso and Martha Herden as new Auxiliary Board Members
- Accept Auxiliary Quarterly Report
- Accept Auxiliary FY 2020 Donation Check to ESD
- Burger Boo Update
- Chiefs’ Report
- COVID-19 Update
- Discussion and Possible Action regarding Fire Billing Rates and Billing Service Provider
- Operations Reports Fire & EMS
- Medical Director Update (Chief Oakley)
- Presentation on New Engine Purchase (Chief McMain)
- Consider Purchase of New Engine and determination of payment method and schedule
- Finance & Planning Matters
- Take action on Matt Herden as Citizen Advisor for FY 2021
- October Monthly Actions:
- ESD’s Staffing Plan, H&S 775.031(a)
- ESD provides County Clerk with proof of Bond coverage for $25,000 per county judge for check signers H&S 775.037(b). Policy due in Dec.
- Debt accrued by the ESD must be reported online at the comptroller’s website within 180 days of end of fiscal year, Sept. 30, 2020 (by March 30) (and provide link to the Comptrollers website on the ESD webpage (in lieu of an annual report) (Texas Local Govt. Code 140.008)
- Kendall County Interlocal Agreement Update
- Fredericksburg ISD area of Blanco County Update
- Strategic Plan Update – Move forward with Executive Team and follow flow-chart (Hall)
- Executive Session – Discuss personnel matters, real estate, meet with attorney as authorized by Texas Government Code.
- Return to Open Session: Discuss and consider action on matters discussed in Executive Session
- Adjourn: Next meetings will be Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 3:00 PM.
The District reserves the right to consider and take action on the above agenda items in any order. It also reserves the right to enter into a closed meeting on any agenda item as allowed by law. If at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by the Texas Open Meetings Act, the notice provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act do not apply to a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for the next meeting.
CERTIFICATE OF POSTING 72 HOUR NOTICE
The above Notice of Meeting was posted at 3:00 PM on this 16th day of October, 2020 at a place convenient to the public at the Blanco County ESD 2 Station, 431 Blanco Ave., Blanco, Texas and on the Blanco County ESD 2 website at www.bcesd2.com.
WITNESS MY HAND AND SEAL of office on the above date.
BY: /s/ Ben Oakley